Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Best Day of my Life

It's been such a long time but I finally got pictures from MY wedding!! I got married on Sept. 30th to my best friend and I was able to design my whole wedding and do the flowers!


I made my bouquet and all the line flowers and the centerpieces with help from Nannette York, my old boss from Sleepy Ridge, which is, of course, where I had my reception. 


My bouquet was made of Garden roses, tulips, blue thistle, Scabiosa pods, and Queen Anne's Lace.


These were the mothers and grandmothers corsages made of tulips, stock, tweedia, and pittosporum. The father and grandfathers boutonnieres were also made with the same tulips.

We had two different centerpieces. 



One type was a wildflower look in grouped mason jars. The different flowers included orange dahlias, pink roses, orange and white spray roses, white aster, peach and white stock, bachelor buttons, queen anne's lace, blue delphinium, blue thistle, and scabiosa pods. 



The other centerpieces were groups of random glass bottles that I collected from ebay, a restaurant my sister worked at, antique stores, and even the recyclery. They also included the same flowers that were in the mason jars.


These were the favors we put together. I found a place online that sells 1 ounce jars of jam. We got blueberry and apricot flavors and made these tags to go on them. 


This was the buffet piece that Nannette put together for me. It's so beautiful! She's so amazing. You can visit her blog at nannetteyork.blogspot.com. Doing my own wedding was so much fun, and I had a lot of help! It definitely helped me understand better the "brides point of view". Watching it all come together was the best part. It was such a beautiful day to start out a wonderful new life :D

(Pictures courtesy of Angie Maze as well as Kelli West Photography)






No comments:

Post a Comment