Thursday, May 26, 2011

Nice Day for a White Wedding

Last week I helped with flowers for two weddings! The first one was a beautiful ceremony and luncheon for a big Italian family. They chose the colors of the sunset and we had lots of fun with it! 



Nannette, my boss, did most of the work with the mantle and centerpieces but I did the groom's and bridesmaid flowers and the gazebo. 





The second wedding we did was on the same day! (It was a very busy Saturday). This one was a military (specifically Air Force) wedding, which was very interesting to me, only because my fiance is in the Air Force :) But they chose all their flowers to be white and "buttercream" which had a cute vintage look. I was able to do the mothers, 


grandmothers, 



and bridesmaids flowers. 


This summer I've definitely noticed my confidence is a lot stronger and speed is a lot faster when it comes to floral designing. I remember the first day I worked for Nannette and she said, "Will you do the line flowers?" Of course I said yes, but I was super nervous and just kept thinking, "Real people are going to be wearing these and my work will be part of a real wedding!" It was terrifying but I obviously got through it :) Now I love being able to help with weddings. My favorite part is hiding in the floral room and just designing ;) It's so fun to be able to help with such a big part of someone's special day. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know about this information on wedding. Couple of months ago, I arranged my cousin’s wedding reception at an elegant event space San Francisco. Decorated venue with beautiful flowers and had good time there.

    ReplyDelete